JellyPages.com

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Treatment Day


Bailey got another February round of IVIG on Thursday & then started chemo on Friday. Thursday she was ill all day, the tape around the access to her port was bothering her & when they pretreated her with Decadron they didn't do a slow push, they just injected it really quickly. She went berserk! I later found out that it probably burned her veins or gave her a burning feeling in her bottom. Poor bug!! It was just a mess, she was screaming & crying & I was crying...she finally wore herself out &  fell sleep! By the time it was time for her post infusion round of Decadron, I had figured out the problem & I requested that the nurse do a slow push, farther down her IV line & she didn't have any issues with it that time.

The bright spot on Thursday was that we got to see Sarah, our favorite Child Life intern. She came in & brought B lots of kitchen toys & play food, a cute purple smiley face pillow & a beanie baby doggy. Bailey adores her & was perfectly content for the hour or so that she played, but as soon as Sarah left she got a little fussy again. She just wanted to go home, she kept saying "out, out"! Nana & Mary Stuart both came to see us Thursday night; it was nice to have some company & something to eat other than hospital food.

Friday was a much better day, one of our favorite nurses, Emily came to administer her chemo & stayed with us all morning. Bailey was much more content, colored a lot, played with toys, watched some movies & even took a 3 hour nap! Once she woke up it was almost time to be discharged! She's such a trooper!
Enjoying the toys Sarah brought.
Lovin' the stacking cups...
...until they fell down!
poor thing was devastated!
After I got her to sleep, I snuck out of the bed to go to the bathroom & straighten up around the room. She kept rolling & repositioning until she ended up sideways.
After a lot of gentle nudging & finagling I finally got her positioned so I could get back in bed too!
Snuggled up watching Strawberry Shortcake while getting chemo.
"toy, toy!" She really enjoyed the miniature kitchen from Child Life!
Almost time to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment