JellyPages.com

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Our new "plan"

I got the email from Dr P yesterday with his newest treatment plan. We've been waiting on the results of her spinal fluid to determine where we go from here. The biggest change is the type of chemo, she goes tomorrow for one more infusion of Cyclophosphamide, then we wait 3 weeks & start Methotrexate. It's an oral chemo that she'll take once a week at home for about the next year. As its been with the Rituximab & Cyclophosphamide, it's a lower dose so the side effects you find if you Google it aren't exactly what we'll be looking at. The biggest concern will be her liver enzymes, but we'll be checking those on a regular basis to make sure all is well. She'll still be on daily ACTH injections for another couple weeks & then we'll drop back to every other day. Depending on how she does with that, we'll be looking to start tapering again by the end June.

Tomorrow should be an exciting day, it's our long infusion day for the Cyclo & I'll be taking big sister Hannah with us. I think she'll be fine, there's plenty to do, I'm just hopeful I can keep them both corralled & calm for 8 hours. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment