JellyPages.com

Thursday, July 18, 2013

9 mo follow up CT scan

Tuesday, Bailey had her 9 month follow up CT. It's veerrry hard to believe that it's been that long since we started down this road...what a long way we've come though! 

We had to be at the hospital at 5:30 so she could start drinking her contrast, which meant we had to leave at 5. Alex & I woke Bailey up about 4:30 & I had just started to get her out of bed when Hannah came into her room & told Alex to "come see my bed". Poor bug had thrown up everywhere...what a perfect time to have a huge diversion like that (sense the sarcasm)! Alex started getting B ready to go & I changed H's sheets, drew her a bath & let her soak for a few while I started a load of laundry. I got her out & wrapped up back in bed, threw on my clothes, finished getting B ready & we were out the door just in time! 

We arrived, checked in, B drank her juice, played, read, ran around, etc & she was ready to scan about 7:30. They've changed the anesthesia protocol since her last scan, so she had to be under general anesthesia this time. I was worried because I seriously don't like to mess with success once we've gotten her adjusted to doing something a certain way. It turns out that it wasn't really much different, since it was such a short scan they still only used Propofol, so the only difference was that they intubated her, which they previously hadn't done. She surprised the heck out of me in recovery too, not only did she NOT have a rage attack, she didn't shed a single tear, I don't even recall a whimper!! 

Scan results came later that afternoon & showed that everything was still ALL CLEAR!!! 

AWESOME NEWS!!

B loves to read...this was her first selection of the day!

More reading after playing a bit of musical chairs :)

Drinking her apple juice with contrast...she doesn't really have to drink that much, the cup was just enormous!

Still more reading to pass the time!

 Sleepy head had just come out of anesthesia & was still a little groggy & having issues getting the popsicle to her mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment