It's no secret that we did FABULOUSLY with Bailey's inaugural Toy Drive, collecting OVER 1,600 toys (we're still having some come in)!!! The fund raising for The OMSLife Foundation was a little more difficult, of course I set our goal at $5,000 which was very ambitious for our first year, but I always like a challenge! We're still waiting on the other drives around the country to finish up so we can get more definite totals, but I think we're around $1,200. I was certain that the "$1 for a dream" campaign would've taken off online but only a couple of the pages that I follow on Facebook reposted the info, so we didn't get the humongous, viral explosion online that I was hoping for. We did make $232 though from our awesome friends & family that sent in their "dollars" though & ANY amount helps!
I think I need a co-person for next year, if you know of anyone who's awesome with fund raising & would like to help, please send them my way. I would love to have gone to local business & larger corporations & asked for donations or even coordinated some sort of fund raiser with a local restaurant or done a raffle, etc, but doing that in conjunction with the toy drive & dealing with scans & just regular every day life proved to be more than I could take on alone!
All in all, I'm SOOO excited about our totals for our first year & I know we'll grow this a little more every year...be on the look out for us next September! :)
*EDITED* as of 11/27 we've raised $1,300 - we had another $100 donation come in from our family in Malta - that's right folks...we're international! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment