*DRAFT - never finished or published
Disclaimer - the following post DOES NOT apply to any of our friends that we know in real life or the other OMS families we've "met" online, we very much appreciate your love & support & if you've offered information, trust that it's been received with love!
I've been blogging about my family for a couple of years now but that page is private & only read by a dozen or so close friends & family. When I decided to start 'Bailey Fights Back' I did so with the intent to share Bailey's story with a wider audience so we could get more people praying & spread awareness of our situation & OMS in general. I could've just added additional posts to my existing blog, but I chose to make this one public in hopes that someone else may identify symptoms in their child & be able to start treatment that much sooner. I knew that there would be people reading it that didn't know us personally, but I didn't realize how complicated that would make things. I see people getting defensive on all of my "Mommy/Birthy/Crunchy" Facebook pages all the time about how other mothers give them unwanted advice & "mommy guilt" about how they're birthing/feeding/punishing/vaccinating their children. I was naive enough to think that in the cloud of this nightmare that we're currently in that I could post freely on MY BLOG about the treatments, experiences & personal things that we're going through & not be criticized. This blog isn't about anything controversial, it's sole purpose is to keep everyone updated on the progress of my sweet angel as she fights to regain everything that she's lost & everything that's in jeopardy of being lost! This will be the ONLY post on this blog of this nature because if I continue to have to defend myself to people that I don't know then I'll just make this one private too. Alex & I need SUPPORT & LOVE & PRAYERS, not additional heartache.
With all that said, I know that these suggestions that have been sent come from a place of concern & love, BUT, that doesn't make them any less offensive to me. I've decided that part of the issue may be that people just don't know enough about us & think that we need their advice because we haven't done the proper research ourselves. That would be my fault for not properly introducing myself or my family, so that's what the remainder of this post is going to be about. Hopefully after you read this you'll better understand where we're coming from & if you still find our decisions to be ones that you can't agree with then I ask you to please click the "x" at the top of the screen.
I'm Mommy, also known as Jenny to the outside world. I was born, raised & currently live in Alabama & graduated from The University of Alabama in 2002. I currently stay home with the girls as I've always wanted to do & wouldn't trade it for the world. I am very organized & can't stand for things to be dirty. I enjoy reading when I can find the time
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment