We had to be at the hospital bright & early as usual, but instead of jumping right in & starting her infusion, we headed downstairs for a CT scan. This was the first follow up scan to make sure the neuroblastoma hadn't come back. There was a partially calcified lymph node that showed up in the original scan that they were checking on because pathology couldn't find a slide of it. We tried to distract her long enough to accomplish the CT scan without sedation, but after many attempts, we finally gave in & decided we'd have to go ahead & put her to sleep. Unfortunately that meant that she still couldn't eat, so they sent us back up to the PICU for about an hour to wait on the anesthesiologist. Man oh man was she mad?! She kept signing "milk" & pulling at my shirt & screaming "MAMA". I tried to tell them that if I nursed her then she'd go to sleep, but they said that if she didn't stay asleep during the scan then we'd have to reschedule the CT scan for another day, so we went ahead as planned & I just had to deal with the come apart! She did finally go to sleep about 15 minutes before we had to go back downstairs to imaging for the sedated scan. Unfortunately, in the end, the scan did show that the node is still inside, but we're waiting on St. Jude's in Memphis to decide what needs to be done about it.
FINALLY fell asleep once I put her in the Ergo & walked around!
After the CT scan was over & she could eat she was good again!
Playing peek-a-boo with a wet wipe & Miss Emily! (I'm sad that this is the only pic I have of our nurses - I'll have to take her back for a photo op & get a pic with everyone!)
Fun with stickers!




No comments:
Post a Comment