JellyPages.com

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving


I hope everyone reading this had an amazing Thanksgiving, we spent a lot of time outside playing because the weather was warm & beautiful! We celebrated by spending the day with just the four of us hanging out & watching Daddy cook! We've got a lot of things to be thankful for this year, especially the fact that Bailey's neuroblastoma & OMS were diagnosed relatively quickly & treatment started so soon. We were hopeful that she'd be walking by Christmas, so all of our dreams have already been surpassed!

I'm thankful for an amazing husband that has held me while I cried myself to sleep, reassured me when I'm doubting we're making the right choices for Bailey in regards to her treatment, watched the girls for me so I can have a few hours a week of "me" time, cooked & cleaned so I have less to do when coming home after a full day in the hospital, worked his tail off at multiple jobs so we're not AS financially strapped...really that list could take up it's own post. I'm thankful for the family relationships that have gotten stronger because of these circumstances, for my Mom & Aunt who've set up the donation site & are constantly brainstorming about other ways to help. I'm thankful that we've got insurance, even though the bills are definitely stacking up, things could be worse. I'm thankful for our sweet neighbors & wonderful sense of community, for those who've made us meals, brought the girls gifts, offered to shop for us, & shared our story. I'm thankful for our Facebook friends & family who've shared our story so we can spread awareness of OMS & raise money for these medical bills & I'm thankful for those that have already donated. I'm thankful for the OMS community, that I've found such strength & advice through their experiences. I'm thankful for all the good thoughts & prayers that have been sent out into the universe for our family. I'm thankful that we've encountered such wonderful doctors & nurses that have taken such fabulous care of sweet Bailey. I'm certain this doesn't even touch all the things that I'm thankful for, but it's a quick list!

Enjoying the beautiful weather on Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment