JellyPages.com

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Walking, Halloween & another Rituximab treatment

We've had a busy week so I'm a little late updating, but if you've been following us on Facebook then you know that Bailey is WALKING again!! Last Sunday the 28th she stood up & was taking 2 or 3 steps at a time & she practiced just doing a few steps for the next two days. Tuesday night after dinner, she stood up at one end of the kitchen & I started counting her steps, until she got to about 16 & I just stopped & got my phone out to video! The video is on her page (Bailey Fights Back) on Facebook...for whatever reason, it won't post on here.

Halloween is always such fun & even though Bailey isn't really old enough to remember, we still wanted to keep things as normal as possible & keep her included in the festivities. I racked my brain trying to find a costume that would help my sweet little immunosuppressed baby stay a safe distance from people & finally decided just to wear her in the Ergo. I put some angel wings on the carrier & dressed her in white, she was pretty cute! Hannah decided at the last minute, literally Tuesday morning, that she wanted to be Minnie Mouse, so I threw together some ears & a tail & covered some of her crocs in red fabric. 



Friday, we headed back to the PICU for her next round of chemo - in case I haven't mentioned it lately, we're SO INCREDIBLY BLESSED to have such wonderful nurses up there every time we go, they make it as pleasant as such a thing can be! 





No comments:

Post a Comment