Well, it kind of sucks to have to post this on the heels of such an awesome post about the progress on the Toy Drive, but it kind of sucks to live it too, so I guess it is what it is...
After we took all the fun pictures of the bears on the stairs, we headed out for an afternoon walk since it was SO beautiful & cool today. We got to the end of the driveway & I noticed I had a missed call from St Jude's so I called them back after listening to the message. B's doctor said that the results from her urine test last Thursday weren't good. They tested her catecholamines & her VMA (vanillylmandelic acid) levels were within the normal range, but her HVA (homovanillic acid) levels were high. This test is used to diagnosis Neuroblastoma, & last October, at diagnosis, her HVA was 48...last Thursday it was 40! For her age, normal would be less than 13.5. I honestly started crying in the middle of the road & just motioned for Alex to keep pushing the girls & I would catch up!
WTF?@?!?!
Her regularly scheduled CT scan was set for October 22, but in light of this, they've moved it up to next week & then the following week, we'll be doing another MIBG scan where they'll inject her with dye one day, then for the next THREE days, they'll sedate her & scan. If there's another tumor present, the dye attaches itself to it & "lights up"...hoping & praying for negative scans.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
only good thoughts allowed! she will be fine!
ReplyDeletePraying for Bailey and the family. My heart is aching for you all.
ReplyDelete